We’ve spent three years in the city centre – our old office at Clavering House served us extremely well and we made great memories (and events) there. Hoults Yard is a fantastic creative space offering us a wealth of new opportunities to explore and we are really looking forward to growing our team.
The move comes during an exciting time for the team here at BeaconHouse. Thanks to a string of fantastic new events as well as the continued development of our existing portfolio, our company continues to grow. Watch this space for more news on how we’ll be looking to grow…
For all those with an impending move, make your relocation a breeze, see what we learned during our office transition;
- Create your new office floorplan in advance. Once you have the measurements of the new space you can consult your inner Phillipe Starck. Take some time to envision where your existing furniture will fit, if you need to upsize/downsize desks and just where you’ll put those new ceiling hung sitting pods you have your eye on.
- Cleanse your clutter the week prior. Nothing quite rids you of all old printed documents, promotional literature, or that magazine stash from 2009 than thinking you’ll have to pack, carry, load, unload, carry, and unpack it. Side note – arrange for an extra bin/recycling/shredding pick up that week. You’ll need it.
- Totes are your best friends. Us event professionals have a wealth of eco-friendly event branded cotton tote bags – perfect for carrying books, folders and easy to unpack, all whilst looking oh so stylish. You’ll find a number of the trusty totes handily hooked on the back of your door, stuffed inside a bag of bags, with forgotten conference pens inside – this is their day to shine again!
- You need a solid, motivational playlist for the day. Some classic recommendations from the BeaconHouse Team include: David Bowie – ‘Changes’, The Kooks – ‘She Moves in Her Own Way’, The M People – ‘Moving on Up’, Ray Charles – ‘Hit The Road Jack’, Fleetwood Mac ‘Don’t Stop’, Sia – ‘Move (Your Body)’, The La’s – ‘There She Goes’ and of course from the Madagascar soundtrack – ‘I Like to Move It, Move It’ or the original from Reel 2 Real.
- Assign a ‘Chief Vegetation Logistical Manager’. You’ve got to make sure those not-so-succulent-anymore green leaved friends make it to the new office. A study showed adding plants to an office environment boosts productivity, creativity and general well-being, read more on The Telegraph. Plants, as essential as your kettle.
- Moving is never a piece of cake, but it should come with a slice of pizza. As is customary for any move large or small, food that can be eaten straight out of the container without the lost cutlery should be firmly on the agenda. Pizza is one of the strongest motivators out there.
Once you are in your new digs, host an office party, show off your space, let the blackboard wall be christened and brag tastefully about your ‘relaxation station’ aka the ping pong table you’ve always dreamed of. We of course can help organise a welcome bash should you require!
Whilst all our mobile telephone contact numbers remain the same our new office telephone number is 0191 691 3456.
For those who want to send us love letters via the post or come visit (we gladly accept canine visitors, see above) you can find us at Office 004, Maling Exchange, Hoults Yard, Walker Road, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE6 2HL.
We thank you for your continued custom and support, and to all our new neighbours we’ll see you for a brew and brownie at Yard Food soon.